Friday, September 24, 2010

"Ruin"ed Plans and Sneak attacks


On my second day in Rome, I realized that I needed to hunt, so I had a rental car delivered to me at the Westin. Driving out of the city, I headed out into the Italian Countryside, making my way through to the area near the Ruins of Pompei. Hunting first to take care of the thirst, after the sun went down, I went back to explore the Ruins. I could feel the history as I wandered the crumbling ruins.

Lost in my own thoughts, I picked up a scent, quickly recognizing it as Demetri Voltaggio, of the Volturi. I saw red - immediately furious, reminded of my sister Irina's death at the hands of the Volturi, and started looking for him. It was asinine, the thought of attacking him out in the middle of nowhere, alone, but the urge to attack him was uncontrollable. And attack I did, and quickly found myself pinned to the side of a building by a cocky, smirking Demetri.  I loathed him on sight. And there was something else. Lust? Desire? I am not certain what word to use - as Demetri's scent and the feel of his hard body pressing me against the wall assaulted my senses, I found that I was looking at him differently.

Things are never quite that easy though. His attitude, his arrogance, that mouth pushed my buttons, and I used my gift to shock him off of me, and triggered a game of hide-and-seek throughout the ruins. It ended with my reluctant, annoyed admission of desire for him, and he walked away.

Bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment